In accordance with Stage 2 of Ontario’s Framework for Reopening the Province, the Municipality of Bayham will open the Blue Flag Port Burwell East Beach & Pier effective Monday June 22, 2020.
Additional signage will be in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in the community. While using the Port Burwell East Beach & Pier, please continue to follow these measures:
- Stay two metres apart from others using the beach and the pier
- Avoid gatherings of more than ten people
- Sneeze or cough into your sleeve or elbow or cover with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Bring plenty of supplies such as hand sanitizer and water so you can minimize use of other beach amenities
- Group games are not allowed
In keeping with physical distancing measures, if you arrive at the beach and it is too busy or crowded, we ask that you wait until there is enough space to properly practice physical distancing or return at another time.
Opening the Port Burwell East Beach & Pier is a shared responsibility to keep beaches safe and everyone has a role in practicing physical distancing and performing hand hygiene while at the beach and on the pier.
The Municipality of Bayham will continue to work with neighbouring municipalities and Southwestern Public Health to deliver clear, consistent messaging about the expectations for safe and responsible beach use during the COVID-19 pandemic.