Municipal Declaration of Emergency
On March 21, 2020 at 11:00 am, the Elgin County Warden, along with Mayors from the City of St. Thomas, Municipality of Bayham, Municipality of Central Elgin, Township of Southwold, Municipality of Dutton Dunwich and the Township of Malahide each declared a local State of Emergency in their municipalities as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic developments in our region.
The declaration also supports Public Health recommendations that reinforce the importance of acting now to help plank the curve of spread of COVID-19, including:
- Practice adequate physical distancing
- Wash your hands for 15-20 seconds with soap and use hand sanitizer
- Cough or sneeze into your arm
- If you have any symptoms, self-monitor and self-isolate, and contact a health care professional if symptoms persist
- If you have travelled outside Canada recently, self-isolate for 14 days
Residents are encouraged to look to health officials for information about COVID-19. Locally, this is Southwestern Public Health.