Election Official Opportunity Application Form
Would you like to work for the 2018 Municipality of Bayham Municipal Election?
The following positions are available:
Applications to work as an Election Official at one of the polling locations for the 2018 Municipal Election are now being accepted on the Municipality of Bayham Website to perform the statutory duties as required in accordance with the Municipal Elections Act and associated job descriptions.
To be considered for a position, applicants must possess the following requirements, knowledge and skills, and be willing to carry out the core responsibilities of the position:
- Knowledge of the Municipal Elections Act is an asset.
- Must attend the mandatory workshop/training session held by the Municipality concerning the Municipal Election – Straffordville Community Centre, Thursday September 27, 2018 – 6PM
- Good computer skills.
- Previous Election experience is an asset.
- Assist with voter inquiries in regard to the Municipal Elections Act.
- 18 years or older
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Cannot be a candidate, related to a candidate, campaigning for a candidate or providing an endorsement signature to a candidate running in the October 22, 2018, Municipal Election
Successful applicants will be required to work an Election Day Poll on October 22nd from 10AM – 8PM. Additionally applicants will be required to assist with counting, setting up and taking down the poll before and after the time listed. Remuneration for selected applicants, which includes attendance at the mandatory training session, is as follows:
- Deputy Returning Officer - $235.00
- Election Assistant - $200.00
- Poll Clerk - $215.00
- Revisions Clerk - $215.00
The deadline to submit an application to work as an Election Official at one of the polling locations for the 2018 Municipal Election via the Municipality of Bayham Website is August 23, 2018 at 4:00PM
The Municipality of Bayham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you require accommodation at any time throughout the employment activities process, please contact us at: 519-866-5521, firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting www.bayham.on.ca and we will make every effort to provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Municipality of Bayham Employment Activities Accommodation Policy.