To protect municipal roads during the spring thaw there is an annual half-load season from March 1 to April 30. During this period vehicles are restricted to a maximum of 5 tonnes per axle by Municipality of Bayham By-law No. 2009-045.
To request an exemption to half-load restrictions please submit correspondence to the Road Operations Supervisor containing the following information:
- Load information (weight, materials)
- Proposed Route
The Road Operations supervisor will assess the request in accordance with the Comprehensive Road Care, Use and Entrance By-law, 2016-097. If granted approval the approval agreement will contain, but not be limited to, the following provisions:
- Prior to commencement of work the Road Operations Supervisor will inspect the proposed route to establish a condition baseline.
- At the conclusion of the work, the Road Operations Supervisor will inspect the condition of the route to assess condition and any degradation of the route.
- Pursuant to the Comprehensive Road Care, Use and Entrance By-law, 2016-097 and the sole discretion of the Road Operations Supervisor, any damage caused to the road, during said work, will be repaired by the Municipality at your sole cost.
- Further if damage is noted during the process the Road Operations Supervisor may halt the process and you will be required to revert to half loads.
Steve Adams | Public Works Operations Supervisor