Health and Safety
The Corporation of the Municipality of Bayham is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy environment for its employees, visitors, and contractors, and the prevention of occupational illness and injury in the workplace. In order to achieve this objective, the Municipality will:
- Comply with all relevant legislation and standards related to health and safety;
- Identify and control hazards which may result in occupational injuries or illnesses, or property damage;
- Develop, implement, and monitor health and safety programs to fulfil these objectives;
- Educate employees to increase the awareness of health and safety principles throughout the Municipality and ensure that senior management, supervisors, and workers have the skills to carry out their responsibilities;
- Ensure that supervisors monitor their workers’ safety performance, and take appropriate disciplinary action when employees fail to comply with safe work practices and procedures;
- Include health and safety as a criterion in evaluating job performance
- Establish a communication system to inform visitors about potential hazards, so as to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all;
- Recognize all employees have a role and responsibilities in health and safety;
- Review this policy annually.
In addition, all employees of the Municipality of Bayham commit to performing their jobs safely and in accordance with this policy and legislative requirements.