Municipal Services - COVID-19
As a reminder, many municipal services are impacted by the COVID-19 developments. As the COVID-19 situation develops, the Municipality is committed to doing its part in helping to slow the spread of the virus in our communities. While the Municipal Office will be staffed, there will be no public access to these premises during this time to minimize direct person-to-person contact.
The drop box outside of the Municipal Office is available to drop off documents or payments. In addition, most transactions can be completed using online resources on the website www.bayham.on.ca or your financial institution.
Property Taxes, Water/Wastewater bills and Dog Licences can be paid through online banking or phone banking or using the drop box. Burn Permits and Garbage Bag Tags can be requested by calling the office at 519-866-5521 during regular office hours.
The Public Works Department, Water/Wastewater Department and Fire Department will continue to operate with efforts to minimize contact and interactions with other persons.
Further to the March 16, 2020 Notice, the following facilities remain closed:
- Straffordville Community Centre & Meeting Rooms
- Vienna Community Centre & Meeting Rooms
- Port Burwell Marine Museum
- Elgin County has also closed all County Public Libraries
- Outdoor recreational amenities, including but not limited to playgrounds, sports fields, basketball and tennis courts, beaches, skate parks, picnic areas, outdoor community gardens, park shelters, and other outdoor recreational amenities.
- Green spaces in parks, trails, ravines and conservation areas that aren't otherwise closed would remain open for walkthrough access, but individuals must maintain the safe physical distance of at least two metres apart from others.
All facility bookings will be cancelled, and no new bookings will be accepted at this time. The facility managers will reach out to those with current bookings to issue full refunds.
For all other inquiries relating to municipal services, the Municipality encourages all residents to contact the Municipal Office:
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
After Hours Municipal Emergency Contact