Skip to main content Skip to footer

Find Information

Having troubles finding specific information through the drop down menus on the home page? Have a look below to see if we can point you in the right direction. If you are still unable to find what you are looking for, please contact the Municipal Office at 519-866-5521. 

Bayham Council considered the Capital and Operating budgets annually. Typically, public consultation runs from February to August and then Council considers the budgets towards the end of the year. After the budgets are passed, staff put together a "budget infographic" that will be posted on the News module. 

Check out the Budgets & Finances Page for further information and to view the budget documents. 

Bayham now uses Cloudpermit for the application and issuance of building permits. Sign up or log in to submit your application. 

Additional information can be found on the Building Services Page

Unable to apply online and need a paper application? Contact the Municipal Office. 

Capital Projects are larger scale projects that typically cost more than $10,000. Projects are typically determined in line with the Budget process. Notices on capital projects and their progress will be posted on the News module. 

Looking to contact Staff? Check out the Staff Directory as well as the contact information listed in the "footer" below for general office information. 

Looking to contact Council? Check out the Speak to Council Page and go to General Contact. 

Information on Bayham Council can be found under the Council Page. Be sure to look on the right hand side navigation for further subpages of information. 

The Website Calendar indicates the upcoming Council Meetings. 

Meetings take place in Council Chambers which is located on the lower level of Straffordville Community Centre, 56169 Heritage Line, Straffordville. 

You may attend the meetings in person or watch them virtually on the YouTube live-stream. Visit our YouTube channel to see previous recordings and watch current ones. 

Council Highlights will be posted to the News module after each Regular Meeting. 

Want to be up to date with ongoing Planning matters? Any planning applications that require a notice to be posted will be done through our News module. Subscribe to "Planning Notices" if interested. 

Additional information may be found under Planning & Development. Be sure to look on the right hand side of that page for further information contained in the subpages. 

Bayham no longer issues dog tags. However, dog owners are still responsible to identify their dog themselves through their own tag or microchip. 

The Straffordville Community Centre Main Hall, Trackless Lounge, Pavilion and Baseball diamonds are available to rent for your special occasion through the Straffordville Hall Foundation (SHF). 

The SHF can also book use of the Port Burwell baseball diamond. 

Unfortunately at this time, no other pavilions are able to be formally rented and are to be used on a first come, first served basis. 

Further information including contacts can be found on the Straffordville Community Centre Page

Trying to find when your garbage is picked up? 

Check out the Waste Collection Schedule!

More information on Garbage is available on the Garbage & Recycling Page. 

The Port Burwell Lighthouse is not currently open to the public due to stabilization concerns. There are stabilization measures in place and next steps of restoration are to be determined. 

Donations towards the restoration of the Lighthouse can be provided through the Municipal Office. Donations over $10 are able to receive a tax receipt. 

Further information on the Lighthouse can be found on the Marine Museum and Historic Lighthouse Page. 

Need help paying a bill? We do not accept credit cards for online payments through our website. If wanting to pay online you can do so through your bank or through e-transfer or if you are able to come to the office we accept cash, cheque or debit. You can also mail or drop off cheques. 

Further information can be found on the Bills & Payments Page

Provisions for the use and what you can build and where you can build on your property are set out in the Zoning By-law. 

Check out the Zoning By-law subpage from the Planning & Development Page to find what your property is zoned. You then can look up the permitted uses and setbacks under that zone. 

For assistance, contact Margaret Underhill at the Municipal Office. 

Looking for the current and previous tax and water/sewer rates?

Find them on the Tax & Utility Bills Page!

Find due dates on the Website Calendar!

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.